There are somedays when we don’t seem to have ideas of what to cook and it seems like we just stand there and wait for some amazing idea to transpire. This roasted eggplant dip happened on one of those days. Eggplants are one of those staple veggies that we just keep in the refrigerator as one of the options for us to sauté or roast. They are a great source of potassium and fiber, plus they are low in calories, yet still filling. Note: This recipe doesn’t include roasted garlic, which is commonly added. Instead we added cayenne for a little spice. However, adding roasted garlic is optional.
Roasted Eggplant Dip
- 2 Large Eggplants
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- Juice of 1 small Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of cayenne
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Poke the eggplants with a fork several times.
- Place the eggplants into the oven and bake at 450°F for 45 minutes until the eggplants are soft inside when you poke them with a fork.
- Allow the eggplants to cool down and then slice open and scoop out the flesh into a food processor.
- Add 2 Tbsp Tahini, 1 Tbsp olive oil, cayenne and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with paprika.
- Serve with flat breads or pita chips.