Vegan Truffles for Mother’s Day
Happy Mother’s Day!
Every year for Mother’s Day, Willow Spa celebrates moms with special sweet treats. This year, Coco and I have been promoting healthy eating and we wanted to offer something yummy, but healthier too! We put our heads together and created some Vegan Truffles and an organic Mango Mock-tail garnished with pink lemons!
We hope you are all having a wonderful Mother’s Day today!
Vegan Truffles Recipe:
- ½ Cup raw almonds (blended until coarse, almost fine texture)
- ¼ Cup raw walnuts, cashews or any other nuts (optional) *We only used almonds in ours today.
- 1 Cup pitted Medjool Dates (organic ideal)
- ¼ teaspoon Almond extract
- ¼ Cup raisins or dried cherries or cranberries (optional) *We only added raisins today.
- Other options: Add some Chia seeds, Hemp Seed or Protein Powder. Whatever your taste buds desire!
- Almonds (finely blended)
- Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Flakes
- Freeze Dried Fruit of Choice, blended to fine dust powder *We used raspberries for today.
Place the almonds (and nuts of choice) in a food processor. Add the dates and almond extract and process until mixture begins to stick together. Add the raisins (or other dried fruit) if desired, and pulse just enough to mix it. Remove from food processor and place in a mixing bowl. If the mixture is too sticky, brush your hands with some blended raw almond dust. Scoop a small spoon of the almond mixture into your hand and roll mixture into a 1 inch ball. Roll each truffle ball in the ground mixture topping of your choice.
Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes 12 truffles.