I’m not sure about you, but as moms trying to raise healthy kids, we are always looking for recipes that curb that sweet tooth, but remain somewhat healthy too. We’ve made chia puddings before, but for some, the texture of the chia wasn’t appealing. In this recipe, the chia seeds are blended with the avocado and the texture is nice and smooth, and more like a mousse! This Chocolate Avocado Mousse totally hits the spot and is even a hit with our kids. We posted a similar recipe a couple of years ago, but this new version is even better!
Once you try it, you might think that it seems too decadent because it tastes amazing! However, it’s packed with protein, healthy fats, anti-oxidants, and fiber. So don’t worry…just enjoy! Oh, and one more thing…it’s really easy to make even on short notice!
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 12 oz plant or nut based of choice (we used organic almond milk)
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- 1 small avocado
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (we used grade B)
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend on the highest speed until smooth.
- Pour into 1 large container or 4 small 4-oz containers and store in refrigerator for 1-3 hours or until thick and creamy like mousse. You can also put it into the freezer for 1-2 hours and it’s more ice cream like.
- Eat alone or top with some fruit, vegan whipped cream, oreos, or nut butter. It’s up to you!
You can add any toppings to the mousse. We added fruit, cacao nibs, nut butter (peanut butter is really yummy), and vegan marshmallows (you can buy these at Trader Joes).