During the warm summer months we like to eat cooler foods and this chia pudding with tropical puree is perfect! It’s easy to make the night before so you don’t have to rush in the morning. In fact, chia pudding will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, so make a few of these to have on hand! Not only is it easy to make, but chia seeds provide omega-3 fatty acids that promote heart and joint health and aid memory.
Tropical Puree over Chia Pudding
Coconut Chia Pudding:
- ¼ to ½ cup of Chia Seeds
- ¾ cup Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Coconut Water
- 1 tablespoon Beefree Honey
- A drop of Vanilla Extract
In a large bowl mix thoroughly all of the above ingredients. Stir until well combined. Cover bowl and let chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
Tropical Fruit Puree and Toppings:
- 1 Mango
- 1 Passion Fruit
- ½ Banana
- Ice cubes
- Coconut Flakes
- Dice mango into bite size cubes.
- Slice passion fruit in half. Use ½ of the passion fruit (juice of passion fruit or include the seeds) for puree and half for topping.
- Blend ¾ mango, ½ passion fruit, ½ banana and ice cubes to a smoothie-like puree.
- Ready to serve: Layer tropical puree and coconut chia pudding in layers. Add chunks of fruit in between layers or on top. Scoop passion fruit bits seeds and all on top and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
It’s tropical love at first bite!