Summer is well underway and we can’t wait to share this Hibiscus Cooler Sangria recipe with you! Each week we will be featuring a different summer tea and this one, by Art of Tea is so refreshing! If you stop by Willow Spa you can try a glass of this delicious drink.
Hibiscus tea is a little tart and so for those of you that like tart flavors, this tea is for you! It can be made as either hot or cold tea and has a deep red color. However, what makes this tea so special is that it has so many health benefits!
Sipping on a cup of tea is a healthy and delicious way to treat a variety of health issues to improve your quality of life.
Hibiscus tea has the following health benefits:
- It can give your immune system a boost
- Use it to lower levels of LDL “bad” cholesterol
- This herbal tea can help lower your blood pressure
- Use hibiscus to ease cramps, swelling and bloating caused by menstrual cycle
- Drink hibiscus tea to relieve constipation and aid in digestion
- Use it to help protect the liver or to treat liver disease
- It contains anti-cancer properties that helps to slow down the growth of cancerous cells.
- It lowers the absorption of starch and glucose which is beneficial in losing weight
Hibiscus tea is the perfect healthy beverage to quench your thirst this summer!
HIBISCUS COOLER SANGRIA
By Art of Tea
- One 2qt. pouch of Art of Tea’s Hibiscus Cooler
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1lb. sliced fruit
- In a large container, brew one 2qt. pouch of Hibiscus Cooler in 4 cups hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea pouch and allow concentrate to cool to room temperature.
- Add your choice of sliced fruit: oranges, apples, berries, etc.
- Allow to steep for 6 hours.
- Serve in a large pitcher over ice.
- Add steeped fruit to as garnish.