These Rainbow Roll-Ups are a really easy and delicious way to eat more of the veggies that help you get clear, glowing skin. Plus, they are vegan, gluten free, and raw. We used beet hummus both for their color and to boost the protein in this dish. This dish is a great option when you are following a clean diet or, like us, trying to get more vegan dishes in your diet. The recipe that follows doesn’t have any “amounts” because it’s really up to you. The beet hummus is so delicious that we slathered on quite a bit! Just make sure not to stuff them so much that you can’t seal them shut!
- Nori sheets
- Bowl of warm water
- Sushi rolling mat (optional)
For the filling:
- Carrots, cut into matchsticks
- Cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- Sweet peppers, cut into matchsticks
- Avocado, thinly sliced
- Beet hummus
- Pea sprouts
- Prepare all fillings as directed above.
- Lay the first nori sheets out on a sushi rolling mat.
- Arrange a few long strips of cucumber, carrot, peppers, sprouts, avocado and hummus.
- Roll the nori sheet keeping the fillings inside.
- Once you reach the edge, apply some warm water to the edge of the nori sheet with your fingers to help the wrap to seal.
- Slice the wrap in half and trim or fold under the extra bit of nori at the ends. Repeat with the remaining nori sheet and fillings.
Credits: Author: Jill Uechi // Photography: Coco Iv