Willow Spa is celebrating the pineapple this year and since the peak season for this sweet tropical fruit is in April and May, we decided to debut our new pineapple scrub and body mousse in the Spring Paradise Package. When applied topically, pineapple helps to exfoliate and soften skin, prevent fine lines and wrinkles, reduce blemishes and give you fresher and radiant skin.
In addition to the treatment benefits, pineapple also has amazing benefits for your health.
Pineapple is rich in the enzyme Bromelain, which helps to break down proteins. This helps to reduce inflammation in muscles and joints and the symptoms of Arthritis.
Pineapple is the richest source of Vitamin C, which helps in pumping up the activity level of white blood cells. It also controls artery plaque build up, keeping heart attacks and diabetic heart diseases away. Pineapple also stops the formation of free radicals that attack the colon formation in cells leading to colon cancer.
Pineapple is one of the best fruits, when it comes to the battle against Cancer. Pineapple has been directly linked to preventing cancers of Mouth, Throat and Breast.
So, with pineapple on our minds this month, we made these fresh Pineapple Spring Rolls. These make a delicious light lunch or dinner.
PINEAPPLE SPRING ROLLS
7-8 rice spring roll papers
- ¼ fresh pineapple cut into thin slices
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch spinach
- 1 lunch bunch cilantro, cut from stems
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Sliced Avocado (optional – we didn’t have this available, but think that it would’ve tasted really yummy)
- Dip a rice paper sheet in a large bowl with warm water until it becomes soft and pliable (do this one at a time).
- Place the sheet on an even surface. We used a wooden cutting board that was moistened with water so the paper doesn’t stick. Be gentle so as not to pierce the roll with your fingers.
- Layer your ingredients of choice in the center of the sheet. We started with cucumber slices, the pineapple, dollop of cream cheese (about 1 teaspoon), spinach, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
- Fold in the end of the roll closest to you lengthwise, and then both ends across.
- Finish by rolling towards the open end. Make sure to roll as tightly as you can.
Credits: Author: Jill Uechi // Recipe and Photography: Jill Uechi