If you are like me, Veganism isn’t something that you wouldn’t love to embrace, but it’s just not easy to do so, especially if you are cooking for other non-vegan family members. The switch to 100% vegan is a process and although I usually enjoy trying new vegan recipes I had become really busy and trying new recipes seemed like an added chore. So, when we decided to try this vegan reset, it was a perfect time to do so. I am so happy that we did this too! The recipes are easy to prepare and they don’t use ingredients that are hard to find. They are family friendly too, so I didn’t find myself always cooking 2 meals. If you are interested in transitioning to a vegan lifestyle, this is a great way to incorporate healthy, nutrition dense, and delicious vegan meals.
Today we’d like to share one of the dinner recipes from Kim- Julie with our 10-day vegan reset – The Black Bean Avocado Bowl. All of her recipes that we have recreated have been amazing and we tweaked this one just a tad.
If you are interested in finding more about the 10-day vegan reset, please check it out at veganreset.com. We promise that you will not be disappointed!
Black Bean Avocado Bowl
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 red onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 potatoes cubed
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon vegetable paste
- Handful of fresh rosemary
- Tbs olive oil
- Red chili peppers to taste
- 1 avocado
- 6 cherry tomatoes diced
- juice of 1 lime
- Handful of cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F
- Mix cubed potatoes with oil and fresh rosemary.
- Place potatoes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 minutes.
- In medium pan sauté red onion & garlic 3 minutes
- Add zucchini, black beans, red chili flakes & vegetable paste sauté another 3 minutes
- In a separate small bowl mash avocado with a fork. Add lime juice, tomatoes, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- To serve: In a large bowl place raw spinach and the baked rosemary potatoes. Top with cooked vegetables and avocado dressing.
Credits: Author: Jill Uechi // Recipe adapted from veganreset.com and Photography: Katelyn Guerrero