Inspired by the Autumn Harvest Indulgence Package, this DIY Pumpkin Coffee Body Scrub is not only super easy to make, but smells delicious and your skin will love it too!
Coffee helps to brighten skin, prevent clogged pores and give the appearance of tighter, firmer skin. In addition to the mechanical exfoliation of the coffee grounds, the acid in coffee also gives chemical exfoliation, which helps to slough and smooth the skin. Plus, the antioxidants found in coffee help boost your immunity by enhancing the skin’s protective barrier.
Pumpkin contains a lot of amazing properties that benefit the skin in many different ways. It is packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids, which brighten and smooth the skin. It also contains antioxidants, which boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging. Finally, since the molecular structure of pumpkin is small, it can penetrate deeper into the skin to successfully treat dull, aging or hyper pigmented skin.
Pumpkin Coffee Body Scrub
- 1/4 cup unrefined solid coconut oil
- 3 heaping tablespoons pumpkin puree (fresh is best, but canned will also work)
- 2 heaping tablespoon very finely ground coffee beans. You can use brewed coffee grinds or freshly ground beans. Fresh beans will have a higher caffeine content, but both are exfoliating and work well.
Note: Use organic ingredients if possible.
1. In a large bowl, mix all of your ingredients until well blended. We mixed it by hand, but an electric mixer would work too.
2. Store your scrub in an airtight container. It will last for 2 days if not refrigerated. For a longer shelf-life (2 weeks), store the scrub in the fridge between uses.