[one_full spacing=”yes” last=”no” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” link=”” hover_type=”none” border_position=”all” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” class=”” id=””][/one_full]
The beginning of Autumn brings temperamental weather. Some days are crisp and perfect for scarves and boots and other days are hot and still require tank tops and shorts. Luckily, in the early days of Fall, the farmer’s market still abound with fresh berries and on warmer days, this Layered Breakfast Jar is not only a great way to start your day, but it can also be the perfect treat any time of the day.
This dish is also packed with healthy ingredients and contain 2 superfoods that have become a staple in our diet and we hope will become a staple in yours as well.
Chia Seeds: This superfood is known for boosting energy, is easy to digest and nutrient dense. The seeds also promote healthy skin, reduce signs of aging, support the heart and digestive system, build stronger bones and muscles.
Acai Powder: This super food is made from freeze-dried acai berries. Acai berries have more antioxidants than almost any other fruit and contain high levels of essential fatty acids, amino acids, and dietary fiber.
Layered Breakfast Jar with 2 Superfoods & Mixed Berries
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- Pinch vanilla powder
- Acai Smoothie Layer
- 1 tbsp acai powder
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup almond milk
- *Optional: 2 tsp bee pollen (use hemp hearts for the vegan version)
- Fresh mixed berries, mashed with a fork to obtain juice and chunks (i used strawberries and blueberries)
- To Garnish: fresh fruits, bee pollen (*optional), coconut flakes, mint leaves
- Add the chia seeds, almond milk and vanilla powder into a medium bowl, mix to combine and set aside for 15 minutes, until the seeds absorb all the liquid.
- Add all the smoothie layer ingredients into a blender and process to obtain a creamy mixture.
- To assemble the jar add half of the mashed fruits, then a layer of chia pudding, top with acai smoothie and garnish with fresh fruits, bee pollen, mint leaves and coconut flakes.
- Proceed the same with the second jar, then serve or lid the jars and pack to go.
From the blog “the awesome green”