MAKING SELF-CARE PART OF YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE
[one_fourth last=”no” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” hover_type=”none” link=”” border_position=”all” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” class=”” id=””][/one_fourth][one_half last=”yes” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” hover_type=”none” link=”” border_position=”all” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” class=”” id=””]
We hear a lot about self-care these days and it seems like when we need it the most, we just can’t get around to it. During any stressful time in your life, it becomes so important to take care of yourself. However, sometimes just thinking about trying to focus on self-care seems overwhelming. When you are on the run all day, sleeping 4-5 hours a night, and barely holding your life together your inclination is to put self-care off until life gets a little less hectic.
So, if you are going through an especially difficult time, you are probably thinking: How on earth am I supposed to keep an affirmation journal, meditate, and start a fitness routine? Self-care isn’t always easily incorporated, but it’s essential. You have a lot to do already, so adding a self-care routine should be easy to integrate into your day. We know that you have a lot of responsibilities and “stuff to do”, but you won’t accomplish anything well if you are just going through the motions or end up getting sick.
We organized our self-care list into some simple routines. You can follow our routine or personalize it for yourself, but it does give you an idea of how to work it into your busy life.
- Drink lemon water upon waking up – Detoxifies your body and boosts your digestion
- Take 5-10 minutes to stretch – We love the 5 minute Hip Opening Yoga routine by Boho Beautiful
- Eat something healthy – Even a banana counts!
- Drink 1.5 liters of water throughout the day
- Eat lunch or Drink one Green Smoothie – You don’t have to drink a green smoothie, but you should try to eat something healthy – When we are busy, we tend to skip meals or snack on junk food. If you can prepare healthy snacks and meals, that’s great, but even eating something healthy with your junk food, is better than just eating junk food!
- Mindfulness – We are the first to admit that we are almost always multitasking. However, for at least 10 minutes, turn off your phone and computer and actually focus on just one thing.
- Reflect on your day – Sit down for 5 minutes and review your day and jot down a list to help you organize the following day
- Skincare – Put some lotion on your hands and feet, exfoliate your face or use a facial mask.
- Connect with one friend – when we are busy, days and weeks can go by without us connecting to friends. These are the people that knew us before we became a parent or a spouse, and know the real us. It can be a simple as sending a text or sending a note in the mail.
- Eat one healthy meal – On a daily basis, it might be difficult to incorporate healthy meals on the go. However, we should be able to find time to eat at least one really healthy meal in a week!
- Do something relaxing for 1 hour – take a bath, get a massage, take a Yoga Class, watch a movie.
So take the initiative and follow our self-care list or create a list that works for you. As you can see you don’t need to take a lot of extra time out of your day, but if you do commit some time to integrate self-care into your day, you will start to feel less overwhelmed and more refreshed.[/one_half][imageframe lightbox=”no” gallery_id=”” lightbox_image=”” style_type=”none” hover_type=”none” bordercolor=”” bordersize=”0px” borderradius=”0″ stylecolor=”” align=”center” link=”” linktarget=”_self” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” hide_on_mobile=”no” class=”” id=””] [/imageframe]