Did you indulge a little more than usual during the long weekend? A few of us did too and we were in much need of some nutritious and cleansing food. This Broccoli and Kale Detox Salad is so delicious and simple to make. The ingredients are easy to find in any market and although we are calling it a detox salad, this salad is actually filling too! And the best part? You can make a huge bowl of this and it keeps well in your refrigerator for 2-3 days! So this is a perfect salad for those of you who are meal prepping for the week too!
Every ingredient is nutritious and perfect for a Detox diet, Paleo Diet, or Vegan Diet too. Here is the nutritious breakdown:
Broccoli & Cauliflower: A good source of potassium, calcium and cancer-fighting properties.
Kale: Superfood Kale is cleansing and high in calcium, folate, and magnesium.
Carrots: High in beta carotene & high fiber content.
Lemon: High in Vitamin C, helps reduce inflammation and detoxes the liver.
Cranberries: Immune booster.
Ginger: Aids in digestion.
Pine nuts: Suppresses your appetite, boosts energy and high in Vitamins A, B, C, E & lutein.
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 3-4 leaves of kale
- 2-3 shredded carrots
- 3-4 tbsp dried cranberries (unsweetened)
- 3-4 tbsp pine nuts (lightly toasted optional)
Ingredients for Dressing:
- Juice from 1-2 lemons
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp raw honey or maple syrup (optional – if following a vegan diet, use maple syrup instead of honey)
- Chop all the veggies and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk all of the ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl.
- Toss veggies together with pine nuts and salad dressing.
- You can eat this right away or let the flavors meld together in the refrigerator.
And like we said, it tastes even better after dressing sets in refrigerator or the next day.