SUMMER’S FINALLY ON IT’S WAY!
Did you have a nice Memorial Day Weekend? With so many kids out of school, it’s really starting to feel like summer is here. In keeping with our plant based inspiration and healthy for you foods, we are sharing this Summer Eggplant and Cauliflower dish.
Eggplants are healthy in so many ways and have been referred to as the “King of the Vegetables”. With a high content of vitamin C, they contain phyto nutrients that are essential for blood circulation and brain activity. Including eggplant in your diet will definitely up your chances at flawless, smooth skin. You can also use eggplant juice directly on your skin since it is antibacterial, antiviral, and contains antioxidants. Finally, eggplants also help to decrease the development of skin cancer.
- One head of cauliflower grated or put through food processor.
- 1/3 onion chopped
- One clove of garlic minced
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook in pan all together with your favorite spices for 7-10 minutes – oil optional
- Eggplant- slice & sauté in pan till brown on both sides- oil optional
- Squeeze the juice from 2 lemons & sprinkle about 1 tablespoons of fresh herbs & enjoy.